Without proper guidance by your side, the probate and estate administration process can be confusing, lengthy, and expensive. Mark Murphy, Tim Murphy, and Mishell Sander help family members and personal representatives through the probate process as efficiently and inexpensively as possible.
Tim and Mark Murphy have extensive experience administering estates after the death of a loved one. Mishell Sander served Ray County, Missouri head probate clerk for six years where she gained in-depth experience and training that she uses to assist our clients. We tackle probate issues using our team approach to quickly and efficiently handle probate issues.
Comprehensive Handling of Probate Administration
We guide you through the estate administration process from start to finish, completing notifications as required, paying outstanding bills, resolving estate disputes, filing estate taxes, distributing assets to loved ones, and closing the estate. The following are typical in probate administration:
- Make an application for authority to administer the assets.
- Obtain necessary bonds to ensure proper handling of the estate.
- Publish notification to the creditors of the deceased.
- Find and appraise the assets of the deceased.
- Sell non-cash items to fund the estate.
- Pay debts, taxes, creditor claims, and expenses.
- Litigate creditor claims to maximize the estate assets.
- Prepare a ledger showing credits and disbursements.
- Get court approval for distribution and close estate.
- Prepare and file estate tax returns.
When a loved one passes away, we understand that it is a difficult transition and situation that you and your family members need to go through. Be mindful that there are important deadlines to take into consideration with or without a last will. Consider consulting with an attorney as early as possible.
Call today: 913.871.9800