Criminal cases can be felonies, misdemeanors, or municipal traffic charges. When charged with a felony or misdemeanor, you are facing heavy fines and possible imprisonment. When it comes to felony and misdemeanor cases, an experienced and effective criminal defense attorney can mean the difference between a prison sentence and reduced or dismissed charges. Even in less serious misdemeanor cases, a good criminal defense attorney can make a serious impact on the outcome of the case by ensuring that the rights of the accused are protected throughout the legal process. For these and other reasons, it is vital that those accused of a felony or misdemeanor to select the most competent, experienced, and effective attorney available.
Tim Murphy has served as a city prosecutor and his unique background proves valuable for his clients facing criminal charges.
Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to effectively protect your rights when charged with a felony or misdemeanor, including:
- Work to get the felony or misdemeanor charges against you dropped or lowered;
- Interview police, involved parties, and any possible witnesses to expose any lies or exaggerations in your felony or misdemeanor charge;
- Make sure that no evidence against you was obtained illegally;
- Conduct a thorough pre-trial investigation;
- Employ a private investigator, ballistics expert, polygraphist, or any other experts that may be able to help strengthen your defense against the felony or misdemeanor charge;
- Obtain expert witnesses to testify on your behalf;
- Negotiate with prosecutors to make sure you face the minimum possible penalties required your particular felony or misdemeanor.
Call today: 913.871.9800